The Okavango Delta is a World Heritage Site and the largest inland delta in the world. Commonly spotted animals include: lion, rhino, leopard, giraffe, hippos, elephants, crocodiles and countless species of bird.
Float along a crystal-clear Okavango waterway by mokoro as you scan for reed frogs and water lilies on a traditional dugout canoe trip.
The Kwando-Linyanti river system is home to a series of private game reserves, an abundance of wildlife that roams freely in these lush, unfenced reserves. The perfect location for a unique African adventure in an exclusive and remote big game habitat.
About two-thirds of the falls can be viewed from the Zimbabwean side and, while the falls are undoubtedly the star attraction, the area provides both adventure seekers and sightseers with plenty of activities.
During your stay in Victoria Falls you will enjoy a privately guided Tour of the Falls and a Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi Royal.
Start this incredible itinerary in the Okavango Delta where the Okavango River sprawls out over the dry Kalahari sands forming a flourishing watery oasis. Meandering waterways and crystal clear lagoons are studded with water lilies, and fertile floodplains and reeded islands are inhabited with abundant wildlife. You will be staying at Little Vumbura- on a small wooded island in the heart of the delta.
After 3 restful nights you continue to Chitabe Camp, also in the Okavango, in an area where diverse habitats lead to an exciting variety of game animals. As well as game drives this is an excellent area to try out a walking safari and possibly to sight the elusive and rare African Wild Dog.
Then you are off to Kings Pool Camp, in a private reserve in the Linyanti region of Botswana, bordering Chobe. The Kings Pool area is most noted for its very large elephant herds and remote location. The herds of elephants and buffalos can number hundreds or even thousands here at the height of the dry season. Leopard is the most commonly seen predator.
For the grand finale you head to The Victoria Falls Hotel and one of the 7 wonders of the world in Zimbabwe. The Victoria Falls Hotel is the closest hotel in town to the waterfall. Oozing Edwardian style, it is fitted out in contemporary comfort to marry the charm of the old world with the efficiency of the new. Victoria Falls is a pleasant, lively little town to amble around, with plenty of options for souvenir shopping, from lively craft markets to a modern shopping mall, and the mighty Falls only a short stroll away.
After 3 fun-filled days in Victoria Falls, with your sense of adventure sated you transfer to the Victoria Falls Airport for your outgoing flight.
Day 1-3. Little Vumbura, Okavango Delta
You will fly from Maun Airport to Vumbura Airstrip. On arrival you will be met by a guide from Little Vumbura who will transfer you to camp.
- This small, intimate camp embodies all that is best about the Okavango Delta – breathtaking beauty, remote, peaceful island location, abundant game and varied landscapes.
- With access to varied, game-rich habitats, this six-tented camp nestles beneath the trees of an ancient island forest. A floating jetty connects land with water, and the wildlife experience can include sightings of sable and wild dogs.
- There is no better way of viewing game and exploring the Okavango than by traditional mokoro (dugout canoe) often providing up close and personal sightings of tiny frogs and exciting birdlife.
- The hot air balloon safari is another highlight for seeing wildlife from new heights! Take to the skies in style and soar silently over the rich ecosystem of the Okavango Delta in a hot air balloon. Gaze over scenic splendour, watch elephants playing far below and fly eye-to-eye with an eagle. This experience ends with champagne and snacks (offered mid-April 2021 to mid-September 2021). * This activity is weather permitting and at extra cost.
Day 4-6. Chitabe Camp, Okavango Delta
You will be transferred from camp to Vumbura Airstrip. You will fly to Chitabe Airstrip where you will be met on arrival by a guide who will transfer you to camp.
- Chitabe’s location places it at the heart of a complex and beautiful mosaic of habitats, and this diversity results in Chitabe being one of the most storied of all Botswana’s areas. Experienced, passionate guides are inspired by the intricate and dynamic landscapes to deliver wildlife experiences few other locations can match.
- Eight elevated, Meru-style guest tents provide the perfect human habitat, while a stroll along the elevated walkways connecting them to the main area is a safari experience in itself.
- Day and night drives and guided walks showcase the varied wildlife and landscapes of the Okavango margins.
- Learn more about the wild dog packs of the area; if you’re lucky you’ll see some of these endangered carnivores.
- Walking safaris (dependent on qualified guide availability) with skilled guides offers you the exciting opportunity of coming across big game on foot as well as observing the smaller things you miss when travelling by vehicle.
Day 7-8. King's Pool, Linyanti
You will be transferred from camp to Chitabe Airstrip. You will fly to Chobe Airstrip where you will be met on arrival by a guide who will transfer you to King's Pool Camp.
- King's Pool consistently delivers the best dry season game viewing in far northern Botswana. Situated on the border with Namibia’s Caprivi Strip, King's Pool is in an area vital to the seasonal movements of elephant herds, and to the survival of rare roan and sable antelope.
- Looking down over the Linyanti River, and up from the safety of sunken hides gives you unexpected angles from which to witness great wildlife moments.
- Seven well-appointed rooms all of canvas, wood and thatch, soak up the views of the lagoon. The main area, deck and bar offer uninterrupted views, with closer proximity to the water, while parts of the roof extend down to ensure privacy.
- Special highlights include sundowners on the Queen Silvia barge and time out at the unique underground hide!
- Massages are available for you to enjoy in the privacy of your tent.
Day 9-10. The Victoria Falls Hotel, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
You will be transferred from Kings Pool Camp to Chobe Airstrip. You will fly to Kasane Airport where you will be met by a driver from Wild Horizons for your private cross border transfer to The Victoria Falls Hotel.
- The Victoria Falls Hotel, popularly known as “the grand old lady of the Falls”, is situated in the Victoria Falls National Park, and is a member of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World group. It is one of only three IS0-accredited hotels in Zimbabwe.
- The Edwardian-style five-star hotel combines the charm of the old with the convenience of the new. Set in lush tropical gardens with lily ponds, palm trees and semi-tropical shrubs, it provides tranquillity and seclusion.
- Victoria Falls are just a ten-minute walk away using the hotel’s private pathway, and is clearly audible and visible from this luxurious landmark.
- Enjoy dinner and dancing in the elegant Edwardian Livingstone Room, with classic a la carte and tables d'hote menus. Tthe Livingstone Room reflects the century old hotel's style of grandeur and opulence.
- Dining at the Jungle Junction offers an unforgettable experience with a fusion of African flavours. Entertainment from ethnic groups epitomises the spirit of Africa.
- Stay in a deluxe room, situated in the stand-alone Stables Signature Wing with a view of the front lawns or lush courtyard. These rooms are furnished in a modern style with a bygone feel. Bathrooms incorporate luxury world-class amenities, Victorian bathtub with large separate walk-in showers and luxury Charlotte Rhys amenities.
- During your stay in Victoria Falls you have been booked on a Privately Guided Tour of the Falls and a Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi Royal.
Day 11. Departure
You will be transferred privately back to the Victoria Falls Airport for your outgoing flight back home or to your next destination.
This Tailormade Journey
- Little Vumbura: 3 Nights Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities and All Local Brands (Spirits, Wine and Beers) Included.
- Chitabe Camp: 3 Nights Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities and All Local Brands (Spirits, Wine and Beers) Included
- Kings Pool: 2 Nights, Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities and All Local Brands (Spirits, Wine and Beers) Included
- Victoria Falls Hotel: 2 Nights, Bed and Breakfast
- Visa fees for Botswana and Zimbabwe.
- Premium brand drinks and wines at all properties.
- All meals (other than breakfast) and drinks at The Victoria Falls Hotel.
- Gratuities, curios and any other items of a personal nature.
- Prices also exclude any additional government taxes or levies which may be introduced or increases in departure taxes, fuel surcharges or levies. All prices are quoted in United States Dollars.