Enjoy the fantastic wildlife, knowledgeable guides, superb service and friendly camp team at Luangwa River Camp in South Luangwa.
Game drives, night drives, walking safaris, canoeing safaris, boating and fishing bird watching and day trips down the scenic Mapata Gorge are some of the experiences available in the scenic Lower Zambezi National Park.
Take to the skies in an early morning hot air balloon ride in the Kafue. Drifting over the endless plains, with hippo and lechwe far below, is an experience you will never forget.
Home of the walking safari, Zambia is one of Africa's premier wildlife destinations, boasting impressive numbers of wildlife. The guides are exceptional and the safari experiences superb.
This itinerary delves deeper into Zambia's wild heart visiting several iconic areas for a great overview of the best the country has to offer. You begin with Zambia’s premier safari destination the South Luangwa National Park, before continuing to the Lower Zambezi National Park with its huge numbers of elephant and spectacular scenery. You then move to Zambia’s largest park, the Kafue with its huge diversity of wildlife. Finally, end with a relaxing few days in Victoria Falls.
Day 1-4. Luangwa River Camp, South Luangwa National Park
You'll be met at Livingstone or Lusaka airport in Zambia and assisted with your connecting flight to Mfuwe airport, where you'll be met and take a game drive to your camp.
- Game drives along meandering rivers and through the unspoilt bush with some of the densest populations of leopard in Africa.
- Luangwa River Camp is an intimate camp with just 5 bush suites, on the banks of the Luangwa River, overlooking a game-rich area. A romantic feeling flows through the camp.
- The excellent guiding team provides a highly personalised experience. Enjoy the fantastic wildlife, knowledgeable guides, superb service and friendly camp team.
- Activities include game drives and walking safaris ranging. Massages are available in your room or on your private deck.
Day 5-7. Amanzi Camp, Lower Zambezi National Park
Today you will head off to Amanzi Camp in the Lower Zambezi National Park. Your transfer will be a flight via Lusaka and onto the Lower Zambezi.
- The Lower Zambezi National Park on the northern bank of the Zambezi is an extraordinarily wildlife-rich region offering a first-class safari experience.
- The small camp has a charming, rustic atmosphere. Each of only 4 tents boasts an indoor bathroom, spacious sitting area, four-poster bed and a private deck with stunning views of the Ngwenya River.
- Elephants frequently move between the raised tents eating the fallen pods.
- Twice-daily activities including game drives, night drives, walking safaris, canoeing safaris, boating and fishing bird watching and day trips down the scenic Mapata Gorge.
- Hekaya highly recommends you enjoy at least one classic African sunset from an evening boat ride on the Lower Zambezi. Tiger fishing (on a catch and release basis) is a must for keen fishermen.
Day 8-10. Busanga Bush Camp, Kafue National Park
Take a charter flight to the Kafue National Park, one of the biggest wildlife reserves in Africa.
- The Busanga Plains are a Ramsar site. The expansive seasonal floodplains extend to the horizon and are dotted with tree-islands. You will stay in the heart of the magnificent plains. 4 well-appointed en-suite tents each with a swinging chair on the veranda from which to take in the view.
- Herds of red lechwe in the thousands are found here seasonally and puku, greater kudu, oribi, rare roan antelope and waterbuck are common. The large prides of lion are known for climbing trees.
- The open plan lounge, dining and bar area offer uninterrupted views of the plains.
- In addition to fantastic game drives taking in some of the best lion viewing in Africa, you can choose to take to the skies in an early morning hot air balloon ride (weather dependent). Drifting over the endless plains, with hippo and lechwe far below, is an experience you will never forget.
Day 11-12. Tongabezi Lodge, Victoria Falls
Transfer by game drive to the bush airstrip for your charter flight to Livingstone. When you arrive you'll be transferred to Tongabezi Lodge, your home for the next two nights.
- Unique cottages offer romantic seclusion and superb views on the banks of the Zambezi, just upstream from Victoria Falls. Furnished with king-sized beds and luxury bathrooms, it is a haven in which you can relax while being spoilt with sophisticated service.
- Enjoy doing as much or as little as you want- there is no set itinerary here! Game drives, bush walks and boating trips are all included in the price and your butler will co-ordinate your choice of activities.
- Be sure to visit the Victoria Falls, locally known as ‘The Smoke that Thunders’, which is thrilling when viewed up close.
Day 13. Departure
Sadly, as all good things do, your Zambia adventure has come to an end. Today you transfer to Livingstone Airport for your onward flight connection. You’ll leave with a camera full of photos and a heart full of memories.
This Tailormade Journey
- Scheduled Flight/Road Transfers
- Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities at all accommodation.
- All Local Brands (Spirits, Wine and Beers) included.
- Visa fees for Zambia.
- Departure taxes ex Victoria Falls Airport.
- Premium brand drinks and wines at all properties.
- Gratuities, curios and any other items of a personal nature.
- Prices also exclude any additional government taxes or levies which may be introduced or increases in departure taxes, fuel surcharges or levies.