Damaraland | Sossusvlei Namib Naukluft | Windhoek
8 days | 7 nights
- Visit the majestic and awe-inspiring Victoria Falls in person on a guided tour of the Zambian side.
- Watching elephants peacefully drinking from a pool mere metres from you.
- Going on a guided walking safari and experiencing this intimate connection with nature.
- Try an adventurous canoe safari in the Linyanti Concession
Situated in the southern reaches of Africa, Botswana is renowned for its pristine wilderness areas characterised by deep lagoons, wetlands, lush palms, rugged hills and desert plains. The country’s primary tourist drawcard is undoubtedly the vast red expanse of the Kalahari Desert and its remarkably beautiful Okavango Delta, the largest inland delta in the world. These natural wonders provide a tranquil haven for an abundance of African wildlife to thrive.
Other highlights include the impressive Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, where visitors are privy to massive zebra migrations during the flood season; the Savuti plains, which host a significant pride of lions; and the Tsodilo Hills, where 4500 rock paintings form a unique record of human settlement over many millennia.
Day 1-3. The Weinberg Estate, Windhoek
- Arrival in Namibia, land in Windhoek and road transfer to Windhoek.
- Stay the night in Windhoek city at The Weinberg Estate
The Weinberg Estate’s Boutique Hotel provides all of the exclusivity and privacy you might expect from this prestigious Estate – making it the perfect retreat when travelling. The elegant 41-bedroom hotel wraps around a heritage building, creating an inviting courtyard. All rooms offer unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi and internet access; a private room safe; flat screen, high definition TV and satellite television channels; international plug points; tea and coffee facilities; air conditioning; full height windows; and an en-suite bathroom with rainfall shower.
Day 2-3. Onduli Ridge, Damaraland
- Road transfer to Eros Airport and depart on air transfer to Damaraland.
- Transfer to Onduli Ridge for 2 nights, home to Namibia’s desert adapted, free roaming MegaFauna including elephant, giraffe and even black rhino.
Onduli Ridge has only six rooms, nestled amongst the granite boulders that surround the camp, and the more temperate climate of central Damaraland allows for naturally ventilated rooms, partial open-air bathrooms, and largely open communal areas. The camp is designed to maximize the views of the extraordinary local landscapes, and every space is set to become a viewpoint whether from the bed, the desk or the bathroom.
Day 4-5. Kwessi Dunes, NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Transfer to local airstrip for scenic flight to Sossusvlei, home to the oldest desert in the world with the largest free standing dunes in the world.
- Stay at Kwessi Dunes Lodge for 2 nights.
Kwessi Dunes is situated in 15,000 hectares of exclusive desert with access to Namibia’s NamibRand Nature Reserve, just south of the dunes of Sossusvlei. The NamibRand is an extraordinary private nature reserve of over 200,000 hectares (one of the largest in southern Africa) and was established to protect and conserve the wildlife of the Namib Desert. The landscape is compelling, with vast swathes of arid desert, gravel plains and pockets of green vegetation backed by mountains and distinct reddish dunes that have undoubtedly made the area famous.
Day 6-7. Omaanda Zannier Lodge, Zannier Reserve
- Transfer to local airstrip for flight to Windhoek.
- Stay at Omaanda Zannier Lodge for last two nights
Omaanda is an extremely comfortable lodge, composed of ten huts inspired by traditional Owambo architecture that have discrete elegance and timeless appeal. The lodge is situated in Namibian savannah in the heart of a private animal reserve of over 9,000 hectares called the Zannier Reserve by N/a' an kuse, close to the capital Windhoek. This unique resort also features a cozy bar, a spa with two double treatment rooms, a boutique, and a heated infinity swimming pool overlooking the majestic views. The welcoming and authentically decorated restaurant is open all day long and offers a selection of sumptuous meals inspired by the best local produce. Excursions are organized twice daily and included in the service offered by the resort and the programs are made-to-measure according to the desires and interests of the guests. Experience a luxury retreat at Omaanda and savor an unforgettable stay with all-inclusive packages.
This Tailormade Journey
- Meet and greet service on arrival and departure.
- Accommodation as stated above.
- Meals stipulated above.
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in above itinerary.
- All local/standard beverages - (excluding premium brands of wines and champagne or imported spirits).
- Transfer from the Airport and local airstrips as described in the above itinerarys
- Private Light aircraft transfers were stipulated above
- International air to/from Namibia
- Gratuities to guides, Lodge/Hotel staff, etc.
- Namibia visa fees
- Premium and export brands of wines and champagne as well as imported spirits