Khwai | Linyanti Concession | Victoria Falls
9 days | 8 nights
- Visit the majestic and awe-inspiring Victoria Falls in person on a guided tour of the Zambian side.
- Watching elephants peacefully drinking from a pool mere metres from you.
- Going on a guided walking safari and experiencing this intimate connection with nature.
- Try an adventurous canoe safari in the Linyanti Concession
Situated in the southern reaches of Africa, Botswana is renowned for its pristine wilderness areas characterised by deep lagoons, wetlands, lush palms, rugged hills and desert plains. The country’s primary tourist drawcard is undoubtedly the vast red expanse of the Kalahari Desert and its remarkably beautiful Okavango Delta, the largest inland delta in the world. These natural wonders provide a tranquil haven for an abundance of African wildlife to thrive.
Other highlights include the impressive Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, where visitors are privy to massive zebra migrations during the flood season; the Savuti plains, which host a significant pride of lions; and the Tsodilo Hills, where 4500 rock paintings form a unique record of human settlement over many millennia.
Day 1-3. Khwai Leadwood, Khwai
- On arrival into Maun Airport, you will be met by a Hekaya representative
- A charter flight to Khwai Airstrip
- On arrival, you will be met by guide from Khwai Leadwood Camp who will then transfer you to the camp
Set within the Okavango Delta’s community-run Khwai Concession, this beautiful camp is tucked under the trees on the edge of the Khwai River. This river is all that separates the iconic Moremi Game Reserve and the concession, with hippos, elephants and even lions crossing over from time to time.
Day 4-6. Linyanti Camp, Linyanti Concession
- Transfer to Khwai Airstrip for a flight to Saile Airstrip.
- On arrival you will be met by your guide from Linyanti Bush Camp who will transfer you to the Camp
Linyanti Camp is situated on the banks of Linyanti Marsh in a private reserve which borders the western boundary of Chobe in the Chobe Enclave. The marshes are the only water source for miles around and attract water-adapted and desert-adapted wildlife, plus large numbers of birds.
Day 7-8. Thorntree River Lodge, Victoria Falls (Zambia)
- A charter flight to Kasane Airport.
- On arrival you will be met by a driver who will transfer you to Thorntree River Lodge
Thorntree River Lodge is set in Zambia’s Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, just a short distance from the famous Victoria Falls. Thorntree River Lodge has been completely rebuilt with an environmentally-conscious design. Drawing inspiration from local customs and culture, it is a modern contemporary design with tented roof structures to maintain the feel of authentic Africa.
This Tailormade Journey
- Scheduled Flights: Scheduled flights from Maun to Khwai, Linyanti to Kasane
- Helicopter Flight: Helicopter Horizons flight from Khwai to Saile Airstrip
- Khwai Leadwood Camp: 3 nights Accommodation, all meals, standard bar drinks, 2 daily activities (game drives, walking safaris, Khwai village visits, mokoro trips-subject to water levels), laundry, airstrip transfers, conservation and park fees.
- Linyanti Camp: 3 nights Accommodation, all meals, house wines, local beers and soft drinks, two daily activities (boat cruises and game drives, Mokoro, 30 Minute Scenic Flight), laundry, Kasane Airport / Border transfers, conservation and park fees.
- Visa fees for Botswana and Zambia
- Premium brand drinks and wines
- Gratuities, staff tips, curios and any other items of a personal nature