Enjoy an overnight stay at the Kigali Serena Hotel where 24-hour room service, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, tea/coffee making facilities, mini-fridge, private safe and a flat-screen satellite TV make your stay comfortable and refreshing.
Stay amongst the rich tea-plantations of Gisakura on the edge of the iconic Nyungwe National Park, at One & Only Nyungwe house where you can partake in luxury spa treatments or relax in the infinity pool.
At Nyungwe you will have the opportunity to take a guided chimpanzee trek and learn more about these intelligent primates.
Take part in an incredible mountain gorilla trek at Bisate Lodge as well as dramatic mountain views and luxurious en-suite villas with beautiful decor and iconic architecture.
Explore a network of scenic hiking trails and visit the tomb of the world-famous Dian Fossey.
You begin your journey with a refreshing overnight stay in Kigali, before departing the following day for Nyungwe Forest National Park. The Nyungwe Forest National Park is known for its exceptional biodiversity and its wide range of endemic species. The park is composed of lush tracts of rainforest set high up on fertile mountain slopes. It is one of Africa’s most ancient forests and the home of Rwanda’s sole remaining chimpanzee population- which you will get to see on an amazing chimpanzee trek. After 2 nights here you set off for the Volcanoes National Park, best known as a sanctuary for the region’s rare mountain gorillas. Your hotel is set high on the jungle-covered slopes of the volcanic Virunga Mountains. Spend an hour with these incredible primates in their natural habitat, visit the tomb of the world-famous Dian Fossey and enjoy beautiful hiking.
Day 1. Kigali Serena Hotel, Kigali
You will be met at Kigali International Airport and transferred to the Kigali Serena Hotel. You will be provided with a vehicle and driver for use throughout your stay in Rwanda.
- A short walk from the centre of Kigali is perhaps the country’s most comfortable hotel, where executive elegance combines with the highest levels of hospitality, where 5-star comfort fuses with Rwandan culture and heritage.
- Gourmet dining, a relaxing bar and pool area and feature-filled rooms will ensure your Kigali visit is comfortable.
- The popular Milima Restaurant offers a wide range of all-day choices, while the relaxed Sokoni Café offers poolside seating.
- In-room facilities include 24-hour room service, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, tea/coffee making facilities, mini-fridge, private safe and a flat-screen satellite TV.
Day 2-3. One&Only Nyungwe House, Nyungwe Forest National Park
Early morning you will be driven to Kigali International Airport to check-in for your departure flight to Kamembe. The flight takes up to 45 minutes. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met by vehicle and driver who will transfer you 45 minutes to One & Only Nyungwe house for early check-in. Evening at leisure.
- One&Only Nyungwe House is set amongst the rich tea-plantations of Gisakura, In Southwest Rwanda, just south of Lake Kivu on the Burundi border. The property is set on the edge of the iconic Nyungwe National Park, which covers approximately 1020 square kilometres of rainforest, bamboo, and swamps.
- All rooms include breakfast, lunch, and dinner while featuring tea and coffee facilities and an en-suite bathroom with an indoor shower, wilderness-view shower and stand-alone bath.
- The One&Only Spa provides relaxing treatments or you can relax in the infinity pool while having a snack and drink and enjoy a meal at the elegant restaurant.
- Early in the morning on day 2 you will take breakfast and drive out for a chimp trek which lasts between 3-5 hours.
- In the afternoon you will enjoy a guided canopy walk and look out for more forest creatures.
Day 4-5. Bisate Lodge, Volcanoes National Park
Check out of One & Only Nyungwe early at 7h00 to board your departure flight at Kamembe airstrip at 9h30 which will fly you to Kigali International Airport, on arrival you will be met by vehicle and driver who will drive you up north to Bisate lodge. Arrival for late lunch and check-in.
- Bisate Lodge is located in the natural amphitheatre of an eroded volcanic cone and has dramatic views of the peaks of the volcanoes Bisoke and Karisimbi. Luxurious en-suite villas maximise comfort and views while retaining environmental principles and reflecting the culture of rural Rwanda.
- Each guest contributes to Bisate’s biodiversity conservation and local community projects thus making a far-reaching impact on an iconic and critically endangered species: the mountain gorilla.
- Activities include tracking habituated gorilla groups, visiting nearby natural attractions, hiking to Dian Fossey’s grave and observing the Park’s group of endangered endemic golden monkeys.
- Walks on Bisate’s property offer birding and participation in the reforestation programme.
- On day 2 you will be collected from Bisate Lodge and taken to the Volcanoes National park HQ, where you will start an incredible 3 to 5-hour gorilla trek at 7h00. Afterwards, you will trek back to base, where you will be met by your vehicle and driver who will transfer you to Bisate for lunch and an evening at leisure.
Day 6. Departure
You will check out of Bisate, drive 3 hours back to Kigali city, and Kigali International Airport. Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by a representative for Akagera Aviation, who will assist you with customs and immigration clearance.
This Tailormade Journey
- Included at Kigali Serena Hotel: Bed and Breakfast
- Included at One&Only Nyungwe House: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, non-alcoholic beverages with meals and two activities per person per day.
- Included at Bisate: All meals, all local drinks (excludes premium imported brands and champagne), lodge activities on property (guided nature walks in the forest on the property, guided nursery visit and indigenous tree planting, guided walk and vegetable picking at organic fields, guided walk to pyrethrum fields, guided visit to the community beehive project, self-guided running trail) lodge activities off property accessed by walking (guided visits to Bisate reforestation site, guided visits to nursery school in Bisate village, guided walks of the surrounding communities to meet with our neighbours), enjoy sundowner drinks on the lodge balcony or the private balcony of your villa, laundry, Gym in a bag concept per guest, wireless internet connection in the villa only, local Government taxes. In the event of a change in local taxes or the introduction of additional taxes, these rates will be adjusted accordingly.
- Airline tickets.
- Entry visas.
- Price excludes $1500 for gorilla permit per person.
- Meals in Kigali hotels.
- Scheduled flight, quoted separately.
- Drinks unless specified.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Personal extras such as telephone calls, minibar and insurance.