This photography-focused journey will give you the opportunity to capture the best the desert has to offer.
Explore the huge red dunes and the famous dead vlei valley with visits in both morning light and afternoon light.
A private guide will take you to the Skeleton Coast’s most photogenic areas and enhances your experience.
Game drives reveal a wealth of desert-adapted wildlife to photograph in the scenic environment.
Visit the Cape Fur seal colony with over 20 000 seals.
Explore the scenic savanna-covered landscapes and wildlife at the Zannier Reserve. Commonly spotted species include leopard, giraffe, warthog, antelope, ostrich and jackal.
This great itinerary offers opportunities to capture a wealth of images of Namibia’s famous scenery, landscapes and wildlife. You will start with a rejuvenating overnight stay in Windhoek. Next, you head for the vibrant red dunes, white saltpan and dead trees of Sossusvlei and dead vlei where each view is more scenic than the last. A private guide will show you the best spots for photography. You leave behind the dunes and depart for the wild landscapes and animals of the Skeleton Coast. Here you have another private guide who will take you to the area’s most photogenic sites.
Game drives reveal a wealth of desert-adapted wildlife and you will visit the Cape Fur seal colony with over 20 000 seals and explore the barren coastline for shipwrecks. You then head back to Windhoek where you end off with a stay at the ultra-luxurious Omaanda Lodge. A 5-star property on a large private reserve on the outskirts of Windhoek. The scenic savanna offers the chance to see and photograph leopard, giraffe, warthog, antelope, ostrich and jackal. It is also home to the Shiloh Wildlife Sanctuary which provides a refuge for injured rhinos and elephants.
After this, you return home with memory cards and hearts full of incredible encounters and views.
Day 1. The Olive Exclusive All-Suite Hotel, Windhoek
Be met and taken on a private road transfer from Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek) to The Olive Exclusive, Windhoek.
- The Olive Exclusive is a boutique hotel in a quiet Windhoek suburb. The modern approach is tempered by organic textures and natural furnishings.
- 7 ultra-luxurious suites each inspired by a different region of Namibia. Each suite has a lounge with a gas fireplace, dining room and large decks replete with daybeds. Details such as extra-length beds, freestanding tubs with mountain views, air-conditioning, Nespresso machines, satellite television and iPod docking stations and a fully stocked minibar with premium wines ensure your stay is special.
- Enjoy exquisite seasonal food in the on-site restaurant.
Day 2-4. Little Kulala, Sossusvlei
Take a private road transfer from the Olive Exclusive to Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek) for your flight to Little Kulala airstrip and road transfer to Little Kulala.
- Little Kulala is the closest luxury desert retreat to the famous, seen-from-space Sossusvlei dunes. Guests enjoy exclusive private concession access and the camp’s location makes early morning dune visits (to see Sossusvlei at its best) very easy.
- This photography-focused journey will give you the opportunity to capture the best the desert has to offer.
- On arrival, you will be allocated a private guide who will give you access to the most scenic areas of the National Parks and private reserve.
- You will have one day to explore the huge red dunes and the famous dead vlei valley. Making the opportunity to visit in both morning light and afternoon light.
Day 5-7. Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp, Skeleton Coast
Depart from Little Kulala for your flight from Little Kulala to Doro Nawas Airstrip. You then take a flight from Doro Nawas Airstrip to Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp.
- On arrival, you will be allocated a private guide who will take you to the area’s most photogenic areas in the concession and National Park, this enhances your experience 10 fold.
- Large and airy en-suite tents and the main area provide shady viewpoints and spacious verandahs from which to watch the desert scenery.
- Game drives reveal a wealth of desert-adapted wildlife. Desert-adapted lion and brown hyaena may be glimpsed in this vast, but far from lifeless, landscape.
- During your stay, you will do the famous Skeleton Coast excursion which lets you traverse over a changing topography until you finally reach the coast. Here you will visit the Cape Fur seal colony with over 20 000 seals and explore the barren coastline for shipwrecks.
- Your second day you will find yourself in the dry river bed in search of the only desert-adapted elephants in the world. Other wildlife will include oryx, springbok & giraffe & in some instances the elusive desert lions.
Day 8-9. Omaanda, Animal Conservancy Area near Windhoek
At a time to be advised by the camp management, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your circuit light aircraft transfer to Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek). You will then take a private road transfer from Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek) to Omaanda.
- Omaanda Lodge is a 5-star property on a large private reserve on the outskirts of Windhoek. The unique lodge has traditionally crafted spacious huts inspired by traditional Owambo architecture.
- The huts have king-sized beds, walk-in dressing room, walk-in rain shower, double-sided fireplace, air conditioning, flat-screen TV, soundbar with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, air conditioning and Nespresso machines they are luxurious.
- The lodge also has a restaurant, a heated infinity pool, a spa with 2 treatment rooms and a boma and a fantastic location in the wild, yet close to the city.
- The area is known for its scenic savanna-covered landscapes inhabited by a vast variety of wildlife. Commonly spotted species include leopard, giraffe, warthog, antelope, ostrich and jackal. It is also home to the Shiloh Wildlife Sanctuary which provides a refuge for injured rhinos and elephants.
Day 10. Departure
Depart from Omaanda on a private road transfer from Omaanda to Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek).
This Tailormade Journey
- All accommodation on a shared basis;
- Meals as specified;
- Excursions and transfers as included in the quote;
- Most safari camps/lodges include two game activities per day in their rate – one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Private activities and guide may be booked, at an additional cost, for sole use or special interest activities. Please advise if you would like additional information on this service;
- Services of the camp/lodge guides and staff;
- Relevant park fees and entrance fees as specified in the quote;
- Drinks as specified – drink inclusions may differ between camps/lodges;
- Air transfers as specified, including Departure Taxes as relevant on Wilderness Air in Namibia;
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or Government Sales Tax (GST).
- Visa fees for Namibia.
- Premium brand drinks and wines at all properties.
- Gratuities, curios and any other items of a personal nature.
- Prices also exclude any additional government taxes or levies which may be introduced or increases in departure taxes, fuel surcharges or levies.