Enjoy a 5 star Robinson Crusoe experience at Kaya Mawa in Lake Malawi.
Take in some of the most exciting game viewing in Zambia at South Luangwa National Park.
Boat down the mighty Kafue river taking in the sights and sounds of the river and its wildlife.
Enjoy an intimate and exciting walking safari in South Luangwa.
This trip combines remote wilderness and freshwater beach experiences, moving from the vast plains of Kafue National Park to the typical safari country of South Luangwa National Park and then to the beaches of the second largest freshwater lake in the world—Lake Malawi.
Your journey begins in the Kafue; Zambia’s largest national park. A lesser-visited area, Kafue is home to diverse landscapes, geography, birding and wildlife. And you have the luxury of being one of the few guests to see them! Then you head into the wilds of South Luangwa where undisturbed wildlife viewing is guaranteed, and guests are often treated to big cat sightings. Walking safaris are ideal in this park, and you will be given the option each day to drive, walk, or combine the two. End off by relaxing on the sweeping sandy beach and enjoy the calm waters full of tropical fish at Kaya Mawa in Lake Malawi. A huge range of watersports is on offer ranging from sailing, paddleboarding and diving to kitesurfing while on land you can take a quad bike tour. Finally head home with wonderful memories of all you have experienced.
Day 1-3. Ila Safari Lodge, Kafue
On arrival into Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, you will be met by a representative from Tours Africa just after immigration and assisted with your bags. You will be taken to the arrivals hall where you will be handed over to Green Safaris for the transfer to the lodge. The drive is approximately 4 hours.
- The thatched main lodge has an outdoor dining area, an infinity pool, sitting area and bar in an area of abundant wildlife and boasts 180-degree views out across the water of the Kafue River.
- The luxurious tented suites, 2 of which are larger family suites are beautiful, with indoor and outdoor showers, comfortable beds and a lovely outdoor seating area overlooking the river.
- Eco-friendly initiatives which include battery-powered safari vehicles, solar powerboats and solar power in camp.
- The lodge offers safaris by jeep, boat and on foot all headed by guides who are experienced, professional and knowledgeable. Take a walking safari for an intimate view of the wild.
- The guides here are all masters of their craft; spend a morning or afternoon exploring the park with them. Regular sightings include lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, a wide range of antelope species.
- Drift down the mighty Kafue river taking in the sights and sounds of the river with a breeze in your hair on a boat cruise. Spend a relaxing few hours following the river bank to see what is coming down to drink.
Day 4-5. Time + Tide Nsolo, South Luangwa National Park
Today you will be driven back to Lusaka. On arrival at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, you will be met by our airport representatives who will assist you with your bags and check-in onto the scheduled flight to Mfuwe Airport. On arrival, you will be met by a Guide from Norman Carr Safaris who will transfer you to Nsolo Camp. This drive will be approximately 2 hours.
- Nsolo Camp is the quintessential barefoot luxury experience in an intimate riverside setting.
- Lounge on your shady private deck, watching the daily parade of wildlife visiting the permanent river lagoon.
- There is no thrill like hearing the lions calling all night, then heading out at first light to track them through the bush.
- Expect large herds of elephants and rivers packed with hippos and crocs. The diverse habitat supports a wide variety of plains game and birdlife alongside the predators attracted to the abundance.
- Take part in game drives and walking safaris with expert guides who will bring the landscape to life.
Day 6-7. Time + Tide Kakuli, South Luangwa National Park Safari Lodge
Today you will walk to Kakuli Camp.
- Kakuli Bushcamp has 4 spacious, traditional safari tents under shady thatched roofs, each with an open-air bathroom that has stunning views of a hippo-packed stretch of the Luangwa River.
- A lovely thatched central area on a wooden deck is an ideal place to relax and watch the river and the wildlife meander by.
- Venture into one of the most game-rich areas of the South Luangwa with Kakuli’s award-winning guiding team. The region is renowned for predator action, with especially strong sightings of the elusive leopard.
- You can safari on foot or in a vehicle. Night drive safaris from Kakuli are known for having some of the most exciting game viewing in Zambia.
Day 8-11. Kaya Mawa, Likoma Island, Malawi
Today you will be transferred to Mfuwe Airport for your scheduled flight to Likoma Island via Lilongwe. In Lilongwe, you will clear immigration and customs and then proceed to your domestic flight to Likoma Island. On arrival into Likoma Airstrip, you will be met by a driver from the lodge and transferred across the island to your home for the next 4 nights.
- Each of the lodge’s 11 rooms, and private villa, is unique, built with local timber right onto or in some cases into the natural rocks scattered across the most wondrous beach.
- Kayak out into the lake at sunset, enjoy 5* food and service served on the beach every night, try a massage in the spa on top a large rock where you can only hear the waves lapping beneath, paddle board to your room over-looking the lake or take a quad bike tour. Kitesurfing, waterskiing, sailing and a full PADI dive school are also on offer.
- Each chalet has its own special features; with lounges, incredible unique views, private decks leading to a pier with a ladder to the lake, a plunge pool, and more.
- Relax on the sweeping sandy beach and enjoy calm fresh waters with abundant tropical fish.
Day 12. Departure
Today you will fly back to Lilongwe for your international flight back home or to your next destination.
This Tailormade Journey
- Scheduled Flight/Road Transfers
- Fully Inclusive - Bed, All Meals, Fees and Activities at all accommodation.
- All Local Brands (Spirits, Wine and Beers) included.
- Meals not specified in the quote such as lunch and dinner in city hotels;
- $40 per person departure tax from Mfuwe airport to Lilongwe.
- Any drinks, park fees, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified in the quote;
- Any scheduled commercial flights and related taxes;
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance;
- Staff gratuities;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control;
- Visa fees where relevant.
- All taxes are subject to change without prior notice;
- Any items of a personal nature.