Great photography opportunities at photographic hides in Hwange allowing you to get up close with wildlife that comes to drink from the waterhole.
Incredible game viewing throughout this trip and comfortable camps with a true African feeling.
Walking safaris and game drives with expert guides will make your time extra special.
Enjoy not only amazing game drives but also boat trips and first-class walking safaris at Mana Pools.
Watch the fiery sunset into the huge expanse of Lake Kariba while sipping a gin and tonic on your evening boat cruise.
A land of wonder and intrigue, Zimbabwe has so much to offer the first-time traveller. Hekaya has put together this safari that incorporates Zimbabwe’s most beautiful landscapes and is perfect for those wanting to get closer to nature. This safari gives excellent game viewing opportunities, but you also get to see the stunning scenery of three National Parks featured. The safari starts with 3 nights in Zimbabwe’s premier park for wildlife viewing, Hwange National Park, then visits Matusadona National Park for 2 nights on the shores of tranquil Lake Kariba and ends with 3 nights in the spectacular Mana Pools National Park. All transfers are by light aircraft.
Day 1-3. The Hide, Hwange National Park
On arrival into Victoria Falls Airport, you will proceed to the domestic terminal for your flight to Hwange. There you will be met by a guide and transferred to the camp on a game drive.
- A semi-underground ‘hide’ gets you right up close and personal with the animals drinking at the waterhole.
- Walking safaris and game drives with expert guides will make your time extra special.
- A luxury safari lodge with gourmet cuisine and lovely spacious accommodation.
- ‘The Hide’ is committed to conservation and community capacity-building. This is sustainable eco-tourism at its finest.
Day 4-5. Changa Safari Camp, Matusadona National Park
Transfer from Hwange to Matusadona by light aircraft, offering stunning views of Zimbabwe from above.
- Matusadona National Park boasts herds of elephants, lions, large herds of antelope and even some of the last black rhino in the country, all overlooking the sparkling waters of Lake Kariba.
- An infinity pool and wooden deck offer cooling relief and beautiful views over the lake.
- Fishing trips or cruises around the lake offer a wonderful way to relax and take in the riverine wildlife.
- A trip across the water to the picturesque Sanyati Gorge nearby is highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and friendly guides lead your game drives and walking safaris.
Day 6-8. John’s Camp, Mana Pools National Park
A light aircraft will fly you from Matusadona to the spectacular landscape of Mana Pools.
- Mana Pools has one of the highest densities of African wild dogs on the continent.
- A tented safari camp with views across the river, the location overlooking the floodplain is perfect for maximum wildlife interaction and viewing.
- Famous for its walking safaris that take you right up to herds of elephant and other animals, or try fishing on the mighty Zambezi.
- Enjoy a bush lunch in a remote part of the park.
- The camp has a genuine bushcamp feel, in the evenings, sit around a fire pit while lions roar in the distance and stars twinkle overhead.
Day 9. Departure
A flight from Mana Pools to Harare International Airport will take you to your connecting flight.
This Tailormade Journey
- Scheduled Flight/Road Transfer from Victoria Falls Airport to Hwange (min 2 pax)
- The Hide: 3 nights accommodation, all meals, standard bar drinks, 3 daily game viewing activities, laundry, airstrip transfers and park and conservation fees.
- Scheduled Flight: Flight from Hwange to Fothergill (min 2 pax)
- Changa Safari Camp: 2 nights accommodation, all meals, standard bar drinks, 2 daily game viewing activities, laundry, and park fees.
- Scheduled Flight: Flight from Fothergill to Mana Pools (min 2 pax)
- John's Camp: 3 nights accommodation, all meals, standard bar drinks, 2 daily game viewing activities, laundry, airstrip transfers and park fees.
- Scheduled Flight: Flight from Mana Pools to Harare (min 2 pax)
- Visa fees for Zimbabwe.
- Departure taxes ex Victoria Falls Airport.
- Premium brand drinks and wines at all properties.
- Gratuities, curios and any other items of a personal nature.
- Prices also exclude any additional government taxes or levies which may be introduced or increases in departure taxes, fuel surcharges or levies.