Enjoy staying at Wolwedans Private Camp, your own 3 bedroomed home in the Namib Desert with a guide, chef and house manager.
See the huge red dunes of the Namib Desert.
Experience a half-day Sandwich Harbour 4x4 excursion, the perfect family day out and find lots of desert adapted wildlife.
Explore the coastal town of Swakopmund and enjoy shopping, seafood and relaxation.
Have a unique African safari experience in a private, boutique lodge, situated in a 200km² private nature reserve. All activities will be done by your private guide.
Create your own daily schedule that suits your family each day.
A fantastic family holiday with 2 private camps (fully to yourself) and a lovely seaside break in between. The trip starts with 3 nights at Wolwedans Private Camp in the Namib Desert. This camp comes with a guide, chef and house manager meaning you can do what you like, when you like. One of the main attractions here is Sossusvlei, a clay pan surrounded by some of the highest dunes in the world. Animals here are desert-adapted and include oryx, jackals, springboks and ostriches.
Next you are off to the seaside town of Swakopmund. This quirky town is a mix of German and Namibian influences, adventure options, laid-back atmosphere and cool sea breeze. You will be staying at the 4 star Strand Hotel where rooms are styled to feel like a home. Enjoy shopping, delicious seafood and experience a half-day Sandwich Harbour 4x4 excursion, the perfect family day out.
Then you head to the Okonjima Reserve and the Okonjima Villa. All activities will be done by your private guide and once again you have your own home in the wilderness. There is a variety of activities for both adults and children, including leopard tracking, game drives, night drives and more. On your final day a private transfer takes you back to Windhoek for your departing flight.
Day 1-3. Wolwedans Private Camp, Kulala Wilderness Reserve
You will be collected at the international airport by your private guide and make your way to Wolwedans Private Camp by vehicle. Traversing over the majestic landscapes of the Namib Desert. The journey will be a 4-5 hour drive with incredible stops along the way to see viewpoints and stop for a light snack.
- Wolwedans Private Camp is a 3 bedroomed stand-alone camp. It offers a shaded outdoor area where one can laze away siestas, various decks and the central lounge, combining a study, living room, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen.
- An open-plan design allows uninterrupted views of the idyllic desert valley. The home comes with a guide, chef and house manager. The ideal exclusive way to enjoy the peace and solitude of the desert.
- Guided activities such as scenic drives, scenic flights, hot-air ballooning and nature walks can be arranged.
Day 3-4. Strand Hotel Swakopmund, Swakopmund
Depart from Little Kulala and drive towards the coast. The landscape only gets more rugged until it changes to sand dunes and you find the quirky town of Swakopmund.
- The Strand stands right by the beach at the landward end of the small pier, a large and thoroughly modern 4-star hotel with architecture and furnishings that reflect the town's German history in a contemporary manner.
- The rooms are styled to feel like a home rather than a hotel and features include air conditioning, private balcony, minibar, flatscreen TV, safe, seating area and room service. The Strand offers more of a hotel feel than many Namibian properties and feels very European. It is known for having a choice of dining options including a delicatessen on site. A spa and gym are on site.
- Enjoy a half-day Sandwich Harbour 4x4 excursion. You can see masses of flamingos, the Kuiseb River delta, a dry riverbed where we look for some of the area’s smaller creatures and Sandwich Harbour Lagoon, one of southern Africas richest and most unique wetlands, and one of Namibias five RAMSAR sites. In the afternoon your guide will take you back to Swakopmund where you can explore, shop and enjoy dinner at a seafood restaurant.
Day 5-7. Okonjima Villa, Okonjima Nature Reserve
Depart from Swakopmund on a comfortable tarmac road to the Okonjima Reserve where you will stay at the Okonjima Villa.
- The Okonjima African Villa is situated in a secluded wilderness area, overlooking a natural waterhole that’s ideal for wildlife photography and bird watching.
- A unique African safari experience in a private, boutique lodge, situated in a 200km² private nature reserve. All activities will be done by your private guide.
- On your 3 night stay you will be able to do quite a variety of activities for both adults and children, leopard tracking, game drives, night drives and many more.
- Enjoy thrilling cat tracking guided safaris, leopard-spotting, off-road night drives and learn about local San culture along the Bushmen trail.
Day 7. Departure
You will be collected at a set time by a private transfer back to Hosea Kutako International Airport (Windhoek) for your onward departing flight.
This Tailormade Journey
- All accommodation on a shared basis;
- Meals as specified;
- Excursions and transfers as included in the quote;
- Most safari camps/lodges include two game activities per day in their rate – one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Private activities and guides may be booked, at an additional cost, for sole use or special interest activities. Please advise if you would like additional information on this service;
- Services of the camp/lodge guides and staff;
- Relevant park fees and entrance fees as specified in the quote;
- Drinks as specified – drink inclusions may differ between camps/lodges;
- Laundry can be done at most camps/lodges and hotels. In some cases this is included in the rate as quoted;
- Air transfers as specified, including Departure Taxes as relevant on Wilderness Air in Botswana and Namibia;
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or Government Sales Tax (GST).
- Meals not specified in the quote such as lunch and dinner in city hotels;
- Any drinks, park fees, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions and transfers not specified in the quote;
- Any scheduled commercial flights and related taxes;
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance;
- Staff gratuities;
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control;
- Visa fees where relevant. Should a visa payment be required, this will need to be made in US Dollar cash. Change is often not provided and thus the exact amounts payable are essential (with small denominations encouraged for easier and quicker transactions). Travellers Cheques and credit cards are not usually accepted for this purpose;
- Departure Taxes are excluded on all light aircraft transfers in Zambia and Zimbabwe. Applicable at manned airports only, these taxes are to be paid directly in cash on departure, unless included in your air ticket cost;
- All taxes are subject to change without prior notice;
- Zambia Airport Departure Taxes: may be paid in US Dollars or Kwacha, the local currency. Kwacha amounts may vary depending on the rate of exchange on the day – the below are guidelines only. Note that credit cards and Travellers Cheques are not accepted forms of payment for this purpose.
- On International flights: Departure tax, security tax and infrastructure & development tax - US$40.00 per person; Passenger Safety Charge - US$ 10.00 per person
- On Domestic flights: Departure tax, security tax and infrastructure & development tax - US$16.00 per person; Passenger Safety Charge - US$ 5.00 per person
- Zimbabwe Airport Departure Taxes: paid in US Dollars only and in cash. Currently, and subject to change, these taxes are as follows:
- On International flights: Departure Tax plus Aviation Infrastructural Development Fund – US$ 50.00 per person.
- On Domestic flights: Departure Tax plus Aviation Infrastructural Development Fund – US$ 15.00 per person.
- Ex Kariba Airport specifically: Departure Tax – US$ 15.00 per person.
- Any items of a personal nature.